Search This Blog

Friday, January 17, 2014

Good People

Hi All!

By the time I got here I almost forgot what I was going to tell you!

First, It HAS been a while.  I can't tell WHO has been here but I see people are reading this and I'm glad.

I am trying to stay away from the computer so I have not been here as much, but I wanted to share with you a proud moment for me here at The Canterbury this week.

We had an informal gathering  to welcome new residents (actually, I ironed and used inherited linens).

One resident suggested we stop our chatting and go around the room and tell each other about ourselves.

a new resident, struggling and a little unsure, received an applause  of encouragement from our group after she spoke.

I wonder who the first person in the room was who put their hands together and started clapping.  That person, like Martin Luther King, saw and heard and felt a need, and made a difference.

So hurray for the good people at The Canterbury.

I hope everyone is able to get to a celebration or think about Martin Luther King Jr. on Monday (if not every day).

I have asked a new resident, who moved from a bigger, more expensive retirement community ("not fancier just more expensive" she says) to chime in about life at The Canterbury so far.  Here is what she said:

"It is very friendly".  "I certainly hope we celebrate Martin Luther King's Day".

So there you have it.

Good to see you again.  If you are thinking about making a move to eaaaasy living, and are at least 55 years young, please do come visit.  We only have two of our smallest units available right now, but we have a waiting list.

Call me for a tour at
(860) 232-4833

See you soon ,

Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment